MDC T president Nelson Chamisa cheated his alliance partners in the last minute before the nomination court and fielded candidates in Constituencies where he had initially agreed to reserve for his colleagues in The MDC led by Welshman Ncube.
BELOW IS Media Statement from MDC
Please be advised that after the trying and gruelling experience that we went through as a party we managed to have the following candidates nominated as a party
1. Bulawayo East – Ilos Nyoni
2. Luveve – Stella Ndlovu
3. Gwanda Central – Patrick Dube
4. Insiza South – Angilacala Ndlovu
5. Lupane West – Mxolisi Sibanda
6. Tsholotsho North – Witness Khumalo
7. Tsholotsho South – Innocent Zenzo Nkomo
8. Vungu – Nimrod Lunga
9. Shurugwi South- Osherd Mutunami
10. Gokwe Kana – Lameck Muyambi
11. Muzvezve – Nicholas Bwanyashuro
12. Mhondoro Mubaira – Christopher Monera
13. Mutoko North – Boniface Mushore
14. Mazowe South – Faith Chakwera.
15. Mazowe West – Tamary Chimanzi
16. Mutare North – Godfrey Munyamana
17. Dzivaresekwa – Edwin Mushoriwa
18. Kuwadzana -Miriam Mushayi
Please take note that the MDCT fielded parallel candidates in two of our constituencies namely
Mazowe South where they fielded Gift Chimanikire and Mazowe West Rorana Dandajena.
We also managed to field the following people on the party lists
1.Mat South Senate List – Joyce Ndlovu Position 3
2. Mat South Women’s List – Mpumelelo Nkomo Position 4
3. Bulawayo Women List – Jassmine Toffa Position 4 & Rittah Ndlovu Position 5
5. Bulawayo Senate List – David Coltart Position 6
Due to the high levels of dishonesty, treachery and total disregard of any agreements by the MDCT we lost Senator Khumalo’s slot on the Bulawayo Senate List yet this had been agreed upon in Harare between our President and President Chamisa.
May I take this opportunity to greatly thank President Ncube for holding strong during very difficult and trying times trying to fight for our space in this Alliance. President Ncube is a man true to his word and on Wednesday night in Harare I saw him defending the Alliance which could have crumbled with his soul and his intergrity by holding the other Alliance partners together. Even during those trying times he remained resolute and strong yet he was being tried. President Ncube we thank you.
I want to also take this opportunity to thank all the candidates whose constituencies were grabbed by the MDCT for holding strong and remaining loyal to the party. I do not have the right words to thank you for your support in our loss. I also want to take this opportunity to thank the entire party leadership at all levels for all your support during this difficult time, for remaining loyal to the party in all these trying moments, for helping our candidates in all their efforts to be candidates and all the processes.
At times I sit back and say as a party we are stronger than we acknowledge. We are survivors. We are conquerors. We have nine lives like a cat. I therefore urge all of us that whilst it is painful and difficult to endure may we live to fight another day and see this dream through. Thank you!!!
15 June 2018